The venue for the FINA World Swimming Championships (25m) is Etihad Arena set on the vibrant waterfront of Yas Bay.
The largest of its kind in the UAE, this breath-taking multi-purpose arena sets new standards of excellence for sports and entertainment in the region, creating an intimate yet exhilarating environment for unforgettable experiences!
Designed with sustainability at its core, the venue’s dynamic event space will be transformed into an aquatics haven from 16 – 21 December 2021 for the FINA World Swimming Championships (25m).
In accordance with FINA’s exacting standards, a temporary 25m long x 26m wide x 2m deep competition pool will be constructed on top of the main arena floor. Additionally the arena will host athlete preparation areas, team areas and a warm up/warm down pool for the anticipated 1,500 swimmers and team officials from over 175 countries.
Etihad Arena Facts:
- The UAE’s largest multi-purpose indoor entertainment arena, purpose-built for versatility with multiple configurations available at the click of a button.
- Culturally rooted yet future focused, Etihad Arena combines world-class Emirati hospitality with state-of-the-art technology making every visit an unforgettable experience.
- Staffed by a highly-qualified international team, providing an unmatched guest experience.
- Award-winning sustainable design integrating efficient systems that conform to the latest green standards; from the performing envelope that incorporates shading features to efficient water fittings, the arena will achieve energy and water savings of 22% and 28% respectively.
- Sustainable Building Design of the Year at the prestigious MENA Green Building Awards 2018
- High-speed connectivity runs throughout the building offering guests a seamless online experience from real-time navigation to help find seats easily, information on latest offers including upgrades and merchandise availability and in-seat ordering of food & beverage.
- Situated on the vibrant waterfront of Yas Bay, Yas Island, a mere 7-minute drive from Abu Dhabi International Airport and 45 minutes from Dubai.